Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
简介The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talen ...
The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talented new musicians -- especially conductors -- will take center stage at the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra, which will kick off its first season with music director Jaap van Zweden.
Beyond that, the new music director and the orchestra will strive to raise quality to the top level, which, according to van Zweden, is “the best promotion for an orchestra.”
“The weeks that I was here, they proved to me that they are in the circle of great orchestras. Now we have to prove every day, every hour, every minute that we are,” he said during a press conference on Monday. “You get that by preparation, discipline and enjoying.”
Next season will feature familiar pieces that the music director and orchestra can experience together.
For instance, the SPO is set to present a number of well-known symphonies in 2024: Mahler Symphony No. 1, Beethoven No. 5, Brahms No. 2, Mozart No. 40, Bruckner No. 7, Shostakovich No. 7 and Dvorak No. 7 and No. 8.
The piano concertos it will perform include: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5, "Emperor," Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1 and Mozart Piano Concerto No. 23 and No. 24, among others. In the violin concerto category, beloved pieces by Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Sibelius and Bruch will be performed. As for cello concertos, famous works by Dvorak and Elgar are scheduled.
South Korean stocks ended lower Thursday as investors were concerned the US economy may be losing st ...
K-pop agency Attrakt has notified Saena, Sio and Aran of Fifty Fifty of the termination of their exc ...
Seventeen continues to set new records with its new album, "Seventeenth Heaven," including a top pla ...
- Samsung SDI renews push for all
- Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
- Fifty Fifty’s agency terminates contract with 3 of 4 group members
- Coway ramps up environmental protection
- Seoul stocks end nearly flat on cautious note
- EU preparing UN draft resolution on NK human rights
Berlin Philharmonic's 'Unsuk Chin Edition': Unthinkable becomes reality
Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
[Korea Beyond Korea] Berlin, Europe's Korean Studies hub, nurtures next
軍 "北, 하마스식 대남공격 가능성"…증거로 나온 '방
LTI Korea announces winners of 2023 Korea Translation Award
Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- 전문가 “북 중거리미사일 고체연료엔진, 러시아 기술 가능성”
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- Suneung difficulty rekindles 'killer question' controversy
- Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
- Seventeen’s Dino to release first solo mixtape ‘Wait’ this month
- Netflix’s ‘Single’s Inferno’ to return with season 3 in December
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- Hanwha showcases ground weapons systems at US trade fair
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- 사전투표 D
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Big firms' debt
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- Four days of jazz festivities take over Jara Island
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data