NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
简介The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature pro ...
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
LG Electronics said Thursday it has become the ninth governing body member of the Scalable Open Arch ...
The Cultural Heritage Administration announced Tuesday that the agency will expand its support for b ...
The 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival, the only independent film festival in South Korea that fea ...
- Citibank Korea hosts digital forum for corporate clients
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- [Hello Indonesia] Digital innovation for financial inclusivity
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- 조응천 "8년간 쓴소리 했는데…요즘은 백태클에 뒤통수 가격"
- [Hello Indonesia] Cultural tapestry woven at 'Korea
Tourism potential of Philippines, Korea discussed at GBF
Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung
Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate pause hopes
[Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
[Global Finance Awards] Shinhan chief makes big ESG push
- Pianist Chung Kyu
- Samsung family members selling W2.6 trillion worth of shares to cover inheritance taxes
- [Test Drive] Upgraded Polestar 2 dons Iron Man mask
- Election calculus dominates debate on Seoul expansion plan
- Two Koreas race to launch first homegrown military spy satellites
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption
- CJ debuts K
- Enhypen's new album to be led by 'Sweet Venom'
- From horror to romance, November is new battlefield for local films
- Without light, Lightwalk will not be architecture: Dominique Perrault
- Seoul shares down amid possible US government shutdown woes
- [Community Discovery] Blending old and new for sustainable Seongdong
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- Bithumb to push for IPO in 2025
- 文정부는 꺼려한 유엔사…참모부 '주도적 역할' 참여 추진
- LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- 19 S. Koreans held captive in Myanmar freed: ministry
- Music director, composer Jung Jae
- Redbreast 15 Year Old whiskey debuts in Korea
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- [Today’s K
- JYP to 'take K
- Red Velvet returns with conceptual, dramatized studio album
- 46 countries, including S. Korea, US, join declaration on 'responsible' AI use
- Dunamu hosts forum on blockchain's potential
- Ruling party reform committee under pressure to disband
- Business groups condemn labor union immunity bill